[Mongrel] New subscriber, new question

Emho Verger emho.verger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 23:21:05 EDT 2006

Hi,
I'd just like to share a weird problem and solution that was slowing
down the browsing of the company  website ...

I had declared something like this (where www1.thewebname.com and
www2.thewebname.com were accessible, and the IP was declared in the
public DNS's):

<Proxy balancer balancer://testappcluster>
BalancerMember http://www1.thewebname.com:8000
BalancerMember http://www1.thewebname.com:8001
BalancerMember http://www1.thewebname.com:8002

BalancerMember http://www2.thewebname.com:8000
BalancerMember http://www2.thewebname.com:8001
BalancerMember http://www2.thewebname.com:8002
</Proxy>

However, things were very very very slow ... Then, I decided to try
out changing the names for the IP's themselves ... and things fly now
... fast as I was expecting with mongrel :)

It took me sometime to realice of that and I still think it is kind of
weird (it was unacceptable slow before)

hope it helps someone, regards,

Emho