[Mongrel] Memory leak with the pre-release?

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 19:06:52 EDT 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 3:09 PM, Carl Lerche wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm just wondering if there could possibly be a memory leak with the
> latest pre-release? When I run it, the processes keep increasing in
> memory size and easily pass 200MB and eventually crash due to a lack
> of memory. Is anybody else having this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> -carl
>
> PS, Zed, I sent you two emails directly to your address with logs and
> other stuff. Let me know if you didn't get them.

Hey Carl-

	I have been seeing memory leaks with the new version of rails out
right now as well as edge. I don't think its mongrel related. But to
be sure, can you test your app with webrick and see if you still get
the leak? My bet is you do still get it. I haven'tbeen able to
pinpoint it but it is very annoying. My app runs fine in production
biut in dev mode with mongrel or webrick it keeps eating memory until
it fails to allocate with a fatal error and kills the processes.

	Do let me know if anyone figures out why the hell dev mode is
leaking again. I though this was fixed a while ago but its happening
again. I think it may have something to do with the new reloading
code in dev mode but i haven't been able to pinpoint it.

Cheers-
-Ezra