[Mongrel] New subscriber, new question

Joe Noon joenoon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 18:00:28 EDT 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 1:51 PM, Christof Dorner wrote:

> Yes, I think this is the same, but it's easier to handle this with
> mongrel_cluster.
>
> Am 16.08.2006 um 06:06 schrieb Emho Verger:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I´m new to the list. I've working with mongrel for the last week and
>> have some quetion about mongrel cluster:
>>
>> Is this (being executed from the application folder):
>> # mongrel_rails start -d -p 3001 -e production
>> # mongrel_rails start -d -p 3002 -e production
>> # mongrel_rails start -d -p 3003 -e production
>>
>> the same as:
>>
>> # mongrel_rails cluster::configure -e production -p 3001 -N 3 -c
>> /var/www/apps/testapp
>> # mongrel_rails cluster::start

I run each port separately, close to as you have described.  I do it
this way so I can run each as a daemontools service.  I then have a
separate daemontools service script that periodically checks each
mongrel for functionality and terms/kills it if needed.  Its a nice
setup and allows me to not worry about anything being down for more
than a minute or so.  Probably overkill for general needs though.