[Mongrel] Mongrel Lighttpd and SSL

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 12:05:13 EDT 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 8:35 AM, Timothy Wright wrote:

> Ezra, Would you mind sharing your lighttpd.conf file with me? I
> would like to see how you have it set up.
> Thanks.
> Tim

	Sure. Its really simple. THis conf file sends all requests to
mongrel though including static. I'm working on the rewrite rules for
letting lighty serve the static content and I will post that once I'm
finished. But this config works great and is dead simple.

server.port                 = 80
server.bind                 = "0.0.0.0"
server.document-root        = "/var/www"

# These modules need to be loaded for just plain old proxy.
server.modules = ( "mod_rewrite", "mod_redirect", "mod_access",
"mod_proxy_core")

$HTTP["host"]  = "\.foo\.com" {
   proxy-core.balancer = "round-robin"
   proxy-core.protocol = "http"
   proxy-core.backends = ( "127.0.0.1:3000", "127.0.0.1:3001",
"127.0.0.1:3002")
}

	I left out the mime-type assign list, I'm sure you have that somewhere.

Cheers-
-Ezra