[Mongrel] New subscriber, new question

Emho Verger emho.verger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 00:06:12 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I´m new to the list. I've working with mongrel for the last week and
have some quetion about mongrel cluster:

Is this (being executed from the application folder):
# mongrel_rails start -d -p 3001 -e production
# mongrel_rails start -d -p 3002 -e production
# mongrel_rails start -d -p 3003 -e production

the same as:

# mongrel_rails cluster::configure -e production -p 3001 -N 3 -c
# mongrel_rails cluster::start

Im not familiar with clusters, and since the load balance is being
done by the Apache proxy balancer, I wonder what is the difference of
executing that set of commands and the cluster::start.

thanks to all,