[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel Cluster 0.2.1 prerelease with prefix!

Bradley Taylor bradley at railsmachine.com
Fri Aug 11 20:12:35 EDT 2006

Hi all:

I have update the mongrel_cluster prerelease to support the new
"prefix" option in the Mongrel prerelease and include a rc script for
FreeBSD. Thanks for the contributions from Andrew Bennett, Nat Brown,
and  Neil Wilson.

- 'mongrel_rails cluster::restart' now calls 'mongrel_rails stop' and
'mongrel_rails start'. 'cluster::restart' now accepts the 'force'
argument instead of 'soft'.
- Added '.conf' as a valid file extension for mongrel_cluster_ctl.
- Added check for missing script and directory to the init.d script.
(Neil Wilson)
- Added rc script for FreeBSD in resources/mongrel_cluster.sh (Andrew
- Added support for --prefix including Capistrano tasks (Nat Brown)

Known issues:
- mongrel_rails complains about missing pid or log files when using
relative paths despite specifying  'chdir'.  To fix, edit your
mongrel_cluster conf file to use absolute paths . I will investigate
this further this weekend, but I wanted to get the 'prefix' support
out. If you don't need to use 'prefix' and you store your
configuration outside of 'RAILS_ROOT/config', please wait for the
next one.

To install:
gem install mongrel_cluster --source http://

Please submit bugs, patches, and requests to the RubyForge tracker:

Let me know how it goes.

Bradley Taylor

Rails Optimized Hosting ~ VPS and Dedicated Servers
Simplified Deployment  ~ Services and Software