[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel 0.3.13.4 Pre-Release -- PID Files Wor king

Bacchu, Anjan anjan.bacchu at Summit.Fiserv.com
Fri Aug 11 15:53:06 EDT 2006

Hi All/Zed,

	win32 : Is there an Installer/setup for Mongrel along with
rails(1.1.6 security patches included) ?

Thank you,

BR,
~A

-----Original Message-----
From: Zed Shaw [mailto:zedshaw at zedshaw.com]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 11:59 AM
To: mongrel-users at rubyforge.org
Cc: ruby-talk ML; rails at lists.rubyonrails.org
Subject: [Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel 0.3.13.4 Pre-Release -- PID Files Working

Hi Folks,

An update to tell everyone to try out the pre-release again:

  sudo gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/

Nothing available for win32 yet, the next pre-release will have a win32
build to check that windows folks are OK.

This release fixes the following problems:

* PID files weren't being written when configured.  Works now and logs
messages better.
* Small change to the HTTP parser to allow for headers that don't have a
space after the ":" character, which is allowed by the RFC.
  -- Everyone using McAfee Security Center should contact them and tell them
their product is a piece of crap.  You should also consider not using it
since they seem to be modifying people's HTTP requests in bogus ways and
telling you that this is a "security" feature.

This release is pretty close to becoming official.  Everyone needs to test
it out and shoot me any final problems.  The current outstanding problems I
have are:

 55.BUG: test tom brice's upload app with keepalive
 56.BUG: safari ganks on the deflate filter
 57.BUG: look at Ben Moore's bug on ECONNABORTED
 59.BUG: content-type not getting set

If the folks mentioned could check this release against their problems then
that will help quite a bit.

Thanks!

--
Zed A. Shaw