[Mongrel] Getting "Invalid HTTP format, parsing fails." from one client

kigsteronline at mac.com kigsteronline at mac.com
Thu Aug 10 21:09:05 EDT 2006

Zed,

I thought it had something to do with McAfee.  You are right, she is
using their Security Center... That thing has gotten so unruly that
we are all switching to Norton (another beast).  Ironic that anti-
virus software often gets more intrusive than the viruses themselves :)

Thanks for the heads up.
Konstantin

On Aug 10, 2006, at 12:07 PM, Zed Shaw wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 10:28 -0700, kigsteronline at mac.com wrote:
>> Hi!
>>

>> I am new to Mongrel but really like it so far.  We've been running a
>> single instance for our test server for about a week now.   When one
>> of our editors accesses the site, they receive a blank white page in
>> Firefox and/or IE6/Win.
>
> If you have McAffee Security Center installed then you need to do two
> things:
>
> 1) Install the 0.3.13.4 pre-release of mongrel:  gem install mongrel
> --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/
>
> 2) Contact McAffee and tell them why are they sending the aaaaaaaaaa:
> ++++++++ header since that does absolutely nothing at all and is
> pretty
> suspicious.
>
> Let me know if this works.
>
> --
> Zed A. Shaw
> http://www.zedshaw.com/
> http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/
> http://www.railsmachine.com/ -- Need Mongrel support?

Regards,
Konstantin
Blog on Tek, Art and Life @ http://tektastic.blogspot.com/
Download hi-res mp3s @ http://www.polygroovers.com/
Or order 2nd down-tempo album "Moods For Take Out"