[Mongrel] Mongrel servers running in a subdirectory behind a proxy

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Aug 10 15:06:06 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 13:12 -0500, Joey Geiger wrote:
> I was able to find some information about this in the list archives,
> but it ended with a possible patch being submitted for Mongrel.

You need the pre-release of mongrel which supports the --prefix

sudo gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/

With this you can then configure your mongrel servers with the --prefix

mongrel_rails start -e production --prefix=/app

I'll have to contact Bradley about how to get mongrel_cluster to use
this though.

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.railsmachine.com/ -- Need Mongrel support?