[Mongrel] [Rails] Re: Fwd: Kubuntu, Apache 2.2, Mongrel, Mongrel Cluster

Philip Hallstrom mongrel at philip.pjkh.com
Tue Aug 8 19:36:14 EDT 2006

> I guess the setup is similar(I am afraid it is identical) to one given by
> Coda and Erza on their blogs.
> Can anbody clarify on this?.
> What should be the rewrite rules so that, static pages are served by
> Apache.I have benchmarked, Apache2 with fcgi and Apache 2.2 + mongrel +
> mod_proxy_balancer. To me, it looks like Apache2 + fcgi is winning the race
> currently.

We use this to handle rails/mongrel "side-by-side"....

   RewriteRule ^(.+[^/])$ $1/ [R]

   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1 [QSA,L]

   RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/%{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index.html -f
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1/index.html [QSA,L]

   RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/%{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index.php -f
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1/index.php [QSA,L]

   RewriteRule ^(.*)[^/]$ $1/ [QSA,L]

   RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ balancer://mongrel_cluster%{REQUEST_URI} [P,QSA,L]