[Mongrel] Uploading/file_column and Mongrel

HH lists at lastonepicked.com
Mon Aug 7 12:53:39 EDT 2006

** I am re-sending as I didn't get any responses and I'm hoping someone has
the answer to this. **

I recently switched an app to Mongrel and since the switch, when I upload
files using the file_column plug-in, the files are not uploaded with the
correct permissions.

I want something like this:

-rw-rw-rw- file.jpg

But I am getting:

-rw------- file.jpg

So, of course the files aren't being served up by the Web server.

Mongrel is running as the 'mongrel' user that I created when I set the
system up.

Any suggestions? I am on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.