[Mongrel] Apache 2.2 + Mod Proxy Balancer + Mongrel - Hot Linking Protection?

Dave Murphy schwuk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 05:12:45 EDT 2006

On 05/08/06, Carl Lerche <carl.lerche at verizon.net> wrote:
> The hotlink protection doesn't really work anymore. Does anybody know how I
> could implement this?

I had a similar problem when I re-configured my server to use Apache +
mod_proxy + mongrel.  I had some rewrite rules to handle feeds
(re-directed to Feedburner), page caching (inspired by Coda's howto)
and links from my previous blog engine. I couldn't get re-write to
work until I dropped the ProxyPass lines and put the following in:

RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:3000%{REQUEST_URI} [P,QSA,L]

Now the all the other rewrite rules work as intended, and mongrel
still handles dynamic queries.

Dave Murphy (Schwuk)