[Mongrel] Q about Mongrel::Configurator

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Sat Aug 5 12:44:06 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 10:59 +0200, Alexander Lazic wrote:
> Hi,
> what is the preferd way to configure/start mongrel?
> [ ] with Mongrel::Configurator => HttpServer
> [ ] @var = HttpServer.new(...) @var.run

Use the Configurator since it's simpler, but if you have NIH syndrome
like rails-core you can do it all yourself with the HttpServer directly.

> I ask because the only debug methode i have found was in
> Mongrel::Configurator ;-)

Well, the configurator is a DSL for configuring a Mongrel server (even
with multiple ports), so all you need to do is take a look at the code
and see how debug is implemented.

> @Zed: are you also subscribed on nitro list?!

Yep, I troll the nitro list too.

Zed A. Shaw