[Mongrel] Finding out on which port mongrel is running

Maximilian Schoefmann schoefma at cip.ifi.lmu.de
Fri Aug 4 04:42:26 EDT 2006

> On 03/08/06, Maximilian Schoefmann <schoefma at cip.ifi.lmu.de> wrote:
>> What's the best way to find out on which port mongrel is running from
>> within Rails?
>
> Why would you want to do this? If you set it up, you should know which
> ports you've configured...

I want to invoke a maintenance method on all instances through a
webinterface. To do this I do a local http call to the other mongrels from
the current mongrel.
The problem is of course, that the current mongrel gets a timeout when it
tries to call itself (thus I need to know the port to be able to skip it).

I'm of course open for better ideas how to accomplish this

Regards,
Max