[Mongrel] strange bugs while using mongrel, while running in development (and also sometimes in production mode)

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 21:52:49 EDT 2006

Ok, I will worry abt apache proxy configuration later. First,

1. I did upgrade to pre-release mongrel
2. Fortunately my app was written to accomadate differenet mountable bases.Iuse
paramaters.yml to load some directory specifc things. So stuff generally
workd(except some image urls that were hardcoded!!).
3. so, currently for the mongrel instance that I am running from my $HOME
directory.I do
  cd public_html/foobar/
  mongrel_rails start -e production --prefix=/foobar
And my app generally works, but the problem with periodically_call_remote
persists.

> On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 20:22 +0530, hemant wrote:
> > Well, at least now i am not getting application.rb and routes.rb file
> > not found error.
> Ok, good.
>
> > But I am still getting errors in perdiodically_call_remote. Here is
> > the code snippet:
> <snip>
> > Recognition failed for "/foobar/public/price"
> > Where foobar is application name.
>
> Unless you both configure the fronting proxy AND use the latest
> pre-release mongrel AND use the --prefix option, then having your app
> mounted at /foobar "application" will not work.  Try:
>
> sudo gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/
>
> And then:
>
> mongrel_rails start -e production --prefix=/foobar
>
> And see if that works.  Lots of other stuff will most likely break
> though.  You have to plan ahead for making your RoR app mountable at
> different bases.
>

> --
> Zed A. Shaw
> http://www.zedshaw.com/