[Mongrel] [WARNING] don't use ruby-sendfile

Thomas Lockney tlockney at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 12:44:41 EDT 2006

On 8/3/06, Sunder <talk2sunder at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay. So send file is bad and has been removed. Correct me if Iam wrong ,
> but if you have apache installed and proxying through it, you dont really
> need sendfile . is that assumption correct?

It depends on how you set up the proxy. In general, no, everything
will go through mongrel, you would have to either explicitly map only
certain paths to mongrel (for anything that's not static) or
explicitly exclude things that are static (can't recall how or even if
this is possible with mod_proxy using filetypes, but you can always
use mod_rewrite to do more complicated stuff).