[Mongrel] [WARNING] don't use ruby-sendfile

Philip Hallstrom mongrel at philip.pjkh.com
Thu Aug 3 12:34:41 EDT 2006

> Okay. So send file is bad and has been removed. Correct me if Iam wrong ,
> but if you have apache installed and proxying through it, you dont really
> need sendfile . is that assumption correct?

Depends on how you're proxying I think...  If you pass everything to
mongrel, well, everything will get handled by mongrel.  If you hadd those
re-write rules that check file existence thatn probably not as important.

We're running 0.3.13 on centos with sendfile doing a *lot* of traffic, and
not seeing any issues... although I wouldn't be surprised if sendfile was
never being activated as we've got those rewrite rules in place for
existing files...

-philip