[Mongrel] [WARNING] don't use ruby-sendfile

Coda Hale coda.hale at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 11:24:57 EDT 2006

> > You may want to nudge Coda to update his post [1] - I'd never heard of
> > sendfile until I read that, and it's often referred to in the
> > community.
> >
> > [1] http://blog.codahale.com/2006/06/19/time-for-a-grown-up-server-rails-mongrel-apache-capistrano-and-you/
>
> Thanks, contacted him.  That seems to be the source.

Nudged!

Sorry for the problems--I figured it was a decent CYA maneuver if my
proxying config let stuff through (which it did, at first), but I
haven't experienced any problems with it. Either way, my post has been
updated with the current recommendation to stay the hell away from
sendfile.

Thanks for the heads-up, Zed.

--
Coda Hale