[Mongrel] strange bugs while using mongrel, while running in development (and also sometimes in production mode)

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Aug 3 11:23:32 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 20:22 +0530, hemant wrote:
> Well, at least now i am not getting application.rb and routes.rb file
> not found error.
Ok, good.

> But I am still getting errors in perdiodically_call_remote. Here is
> the code snippet:
<snip>
> Recognition failed for "/foobar/public/price"
> Where foobar is application name.

Unless you both configure the fronting proxy AND use the latest
pre-release mongrel AND use the --prefix option, then having your app
mounted at /foobar "application" will not work.  Try:

sudo gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/

And then:

mongrel_rails start -e production --prefix=/foobar

And see if that works.  Lots of other stuff will most likely break
though.  You have to plan ahead for making your RoR app mountable at
different bases.

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/