[Mongrel] strange bugs while using mongrel, while running in development (and also sometimes in production mode)

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Aug 3 11:23:32 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 20:22 +0530, hemant wrote:
> Well, at least now i am not getting application.rb and routes.rb file
> not found error.
Ok, good.

> But I am still getting errors in perdiodically_call_remote. Here is
> the code snippet:
> Recognition failed for "/foobar/public/price"
> Where foobar is application name.

Unless you both configure the fronting proxy AND use the latest
pre-release mongrel AND use the --prefix option, then having your app
mounted at /foobar "application" will not work.  Try:

sudo gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/

And then:

mongrel_rails start -e production --prefix=/foobar

And see if that works.  Lots of other stuff will most likely break
though.  You have to plan ahead for making your RoR app mountable at
different bases.

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.railsmachine.com/ -- Need Mongrel support?