[Mongrel] strange bugs while using mongrel, while running in development (and also sometimes in production mode)

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Aug 3 10:26:34 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 19:38 +0530, hemant wrote:
> Ok...I have removed sendfile and will see if the problem persists.
>
> There is one more strange error and this from server running in
> production mode, using Apache2.2, mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer and
> mongrel.
>
> I have a controller price_controller and i call it from main page,
> using <%= periodically_call_remote(:controller => 'price',:action =>
> 'index',:frequency => 180) %>
>
> And sometime i get /appname/price not found errors.

Ok, so removing sendfile fixed problems for you?  It's not quite clear
from your message.  As for the priodically_call_remote I'm thinking it's
your code, double check though.

The performance difference isn't that great and it isn't worth the
stability problems.

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/