[Mongrel] [WARNING] don't use ruby-sendfile

James Ludlow jamesludlow at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 08:53:54 EDT 2006

> I'll be investigating why it doesn't really work as advertised, and
> really it's not worth the hassle for just a 20% perf boost on static
> files (and ONLY static files, no other requests at all).  Really, if you
> need fast static files use a real web server instead.

In my case, most of my content is static and the performance boost is
very significant.  I'm using file_column to manage the uploads, so
using a "real web server" around this is just a pain.

I haven't noticed any stability problems at all either.  Is this
something that people notice right away (perhaps due to something else
in their environment), or will it sneak up on me?

-- James