[Mongrel] strange bugs while using mongrel, while running in development (and also sometimes in production mode)

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 04:13:11 EDT 2006

Thanks for following up.

I am on Ubuntu server edition, and yes i have sendfile installed. But
removing it may create some performance problem won't it?
As for the mongrel version, you can already see in the earlier message, it
is 0.3.13.

I was earlier running, apache2 with fcgi and didn't face this issue. I am
myself trying to investigate this problem.

> On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 02:02 +0530, hemant wrote:
> > Following errors are taken from monrgrel running in development mode.
> > It complained routes.rb, no such file or directory and then sometimes
> > i get application.rb, no such file or directory.Doesn't seem correct
> > to me.
> >
> > Though not so often, but even production servers throw these errors
> Have you solved this yet?  I'm working up my bug list.
> Try the following things:
> 1) remove ruby-sendfile if you have it installed.
> 2) try the pre-release:  sudo gem install mongrel
> --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/
> 3) try your app with webrick and see if you get the error.
> 4) tell me what OS and mongrel version this happens with.
> sorry if you gave  me this info already, i'm just whipping through my
> e-mail queue to catch up.
> --
> Zed A. Shaw
> http://www.zedshaw.com/