[Mongrel] strange bugs while using mongrel, while running in development (and also sometimes in production mode)

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Aug 3 02:54:59 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 02:02 +0530, hemant wrote:
> Following errors are taken from monrgrel running in development mode.
> It complained routes.rb, no such file or directory and then sometimes
> i get application.rb, no such file or directory.Doesn't seem correct
> to me.
>
> Though not so often, but even production servers throw these errors

Have you solved this yet?  I'm working up my bug list.

Try the following things:

1) remove ruby-sendfile if you have it installed.
2) try the pre-release:  sudo gem install mongrel
--source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/
3) try your app with webrick and see if you get the error.
4) tell me what OS and mongrel version this happens with.

sorry if you gave  me this info already, i'm just whipping through my
e-mail queue to catch up.

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/