[Mongrel] Mongrel and Apache docs?

Jason Young jason.young at eXtension.org
Tue Aug 1 08:11:03 EDT 2006

On Jul 30, 2006, at 11:36 PM, Brett Walker wrote:

> Any news on the Apache Best Practice Deployment instructions?  I'm
> getting ready to set up a production server, and would prefer to use
> Apache and Mongrel/Cluster.  Don't think I'll be able to get the
> latest Apache though.  Do I have to proxy through Pound or something
> to handle multiple mongrel instances?  Any pointers?

I basically do the same that Dave did - actually - I just basically
do the same thing as:

basically for the init script and configuration file-based start/stop.

         ProxyPass       /
         ProxyPassReverse        /

in the configuration file for each Vhost I'm running on the box that
Apache and the Mongrel+Rails app is located at, and where mongrelport
corresponds to the configuration for mongrel+mongrel_cluster

( Where X depends on which port I defined in the yml file

It actually just turns out to be *that* simple.  (simple enough that
I'm perpetually worried I completely missed something)

I'm using Red Hat's Apache 2 distribution (actually the beta stack
version: 2.0.55)

Jason Young --  Systems Manager, eXtension