[Mongrel] Win32 Gem Dependencies

Josh Ferguson josh at besquared.net
Wed Apr 19 11:41:39 EDT 2006

I'm definitely sure that ruby, rails, rake, gem, etc would work without
cygwin. But then I'd lose everything else that's good about it. Theres
is a plethora of nice tools that make my life not suck (ls, grep, ps,
ncftp, ssh, etc.) all built in. I spend a lot of my time working with
generators, running unit tests, rake deployment tasks, etc. and bash is
nice while the normal windows shell sucks.

That being said, I didn't install cygwin packages from the installer for
any of my ruby/rails or other tools, just normal installs, thus, these
errors are not limited to cygwin but to my system as a whole, the
stacktrace is the same using my normal cmd prompt which would lead me to
believe there is something more amiss than my choice of command shell

Josh Ferguson