[Mongrel] Several applications on one box

Mike M spmikedev at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 07:27:01 EDT 2006

Question: Is it possible to run several applications using a single mongrel instance?

Background:
I want to set up several low-traffic sites on one server. I now have this configuration:

Apache virtual-host for domain1
  -> proxy to mongrel instance 1 on port 3000

Apache virtual-host for domain2
  -> proxy to mongrel instance 2 on port 3001

etc etc.

Ideally, I'd like a pool of say 4 mongrel instances to serve all the applications.

Thanks,
Mike