[Mongrel] Quick Bug Fix Pre-Release

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Sat Apr 1 04:35:03 EST 2006

I've got the pre-release up for people to check out.  It has just a
few minor changes:

* You can now finally specify your own Configurator config and add any
handlers or plugins you want.  You basically just pass in the -S option and
give it a .rb file to load.  Mongrel will load this file after it's done
configuring the stuff it needs.  This means you can use any of the function
calls in Configurator or RailsConfigurator to augment the default Mongrel
setup.  This lets you register your own handlers, load different plugins,
* It populates the REMOTE_ADDR header now but more intelligently.  If
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR is available, then it uses that, otherwise it gets the
remote IP from the socket.  This means that when Mongrel is behind a proxy
server it will use the connecting client's IP rather than the proxy
server's, but when you run it directly it will report the actual remote
* It now logs the requests to the STDERR console when you flip on debugging
with -B.
* Fixes for an extra log message when loading MIME types.
* Cleaned up the extraneous logging in the tests.

Please do the usual pre-release grabbing and testing and then I'll release
tomorrow afternoon.

  gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/