usefulness of per-worker listeners?

Greg Hazel ghazel at
Wed Sep 25 22:53:34 UTC 2013

On Sep 25, 2013, at 3:46 PM, Eric Wong <normalperson at> wrote:

> Hi all, I'm wondering if folks find per-worker listeners useful for
> unicorn.

One time, I made a few inspection calls for individual workers, to collect statistics on memory usage and object allocation and in-memory cache and things like that for rendering munin graphs. I used the per-worker listeners for expediency, but I could have come up with some other signaling and aggregation mechanism.

So, that's a use-case, but I'd also be fine if they went away or were not available in a new thing.