how many Ruby 1.8 users left?

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Tue Jul 23 22:11:52 UTC 2013

Hi all, just wondering how many users are still on Ruby 1.8.  unicorn
still supports 1.8 for now, but going 1.9.3+ (or even 2.0.0+) will allow
us to kill some old code we've been keeping around...

Fwiw, "enterprise" distros (e.g. CentOS 6.x) will remain supported by
their distributors for many years into the future; and maybe some
people still run legacy frameworks.

On the other hand, I don't expect unicorn to change much and maybe they
can just use the old versions.

Fwiw, a user practically begged me to continue supporting 1.8 on one
non-Rack project last year, but perhaps the Rack world moves faster...

Thanks for reading.