Unicorn on shared apps platform

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Tue Feb 26 17:26:30 UTC 2013

Hongli Lai <hongli at phusion.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Amol Dev <devamol at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > We are hosting multiple Rails applications on same server and using
> > Passenger + Apache. I can see Unicorn be useful for seamless
> > deploys, few questions running it on Rails platform with 50+ rails
> > apps:

> Rainbows! is designed for a reverse proxy setup

That's not true, Rainbows! was designed to serve clients directly.
On the other hand, I do not know if anybody uses Rainbows! that way
(or at all in production).

Anyways everything else is accurate.  unicorn isn't for cases where
you're cramming many apps on one box and trying to squeak by on memory
usage.