unicorn upstart script

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Sat Aug 10 06:21:09 UTC 2013

Josh Sharpe <josh.m.sharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't seen my mailing list request confirmed.  Please CC me your

Done!  (I think the confirmation should've gone through, Rubyforge has
been acting funny...).  Anyways it's common practice on many FOSS
mailing lists to Cc: all parties (but not Ruby-related lists,

> Does anyone have a working upstart init script for unicorn?  I've been
> trying to write my own, but this is non trivial since USR2 ultimately
> changes the PPID of the running unicorn instance.

There's been some talk of it if you search the mailing list archives for
links.  I get all the modern init replacements mixed up with each other

> I'm thinking a a wrapper script maybe required that stays running even
> in the event of USR2 to being sent to unicorn, and only dies if the
> process identified in the PID file is missing.

I posted this the other day but haven't gotten much feedback on it:

[1] Fwiw, I prefer Cc: to all anyways.  It's easier to rope in folks for
    issues that aren't isolated to the project at hand.