Handling timeouts?

Matthew Cupples mcupples at cloudspace.com
Wed Oct 24 13:25:20 UTC 2012

I just handle it by having NRPE grep through the Nginx error log;
that's where you'll see the timeout come in.

Example timeout:
2012/10/22 19:52:10 [error] 2071#0: *7269 upstream timed out (110:
Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream,
client:, server: www.domain.com, request: "GET
HTTP/1.1", upstream:
host: "www.domain.com", referrer: "http://www.domain.com/"