Handling timeouts?

Aditya Sanghi aditya.sanghi at risingsuntech.net
Wed Oct 24 10:12:35 UTC 2012

Hi Guys,

Thanks for Unicorn, it makes my world rock. You guy have done a wonderful job and also huge thanks to the predecessors too.

The default timeout on my Rails app is 30 seconds. The app works fine most of the time but there are some parts of the app which are slow and occasionally totter over the 30 sec response time and timeout. Is there a clean way for me to hook into timeouts and notify myself when timeouts occur? Something like a chance to email myself or send an airbrake notification?

Cheers,
Aditya