Rack env rack.multiprocess true with single worker

Petteri Räty betelgeuse at gentoo.org
Thu Oct 18 06:33:45 UTC 2012

Hi,
unicorn unconditionally sets rack.multiprocess to true in the Rack
environment. The Rack spec [0] says the following about the variable:

"true if an equivalent application object may be simultaneously invoked
by another process, false otherwise."

When unicorn is running with a single worker this does not hold so what
do you think about setting the variable to false when only a single
worker is configured? I want to use the variable to check if I can do a
HTTP call back to the application (long story) but currently with
unicorn and single worker this is not possible.

Regards,
Petteri

[0] http://rack.rubyforge.org/doc/files/SPEC.html