Testing Unicorn on Rubinius

mike michael.p.thompson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 00:34:04 UTC 2012

Hey Eric,

I do have the isolate gem installed. In a number of gemsets as it
were. Here is a gem list:

mike at sm-mike-thinkpad:~/workspace/rubinius_testing/unicorn-4.4.0$ gem list

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

bundler (1.2.1)
isolate (3.2.2)
rack (1.4.1)
rake (
rubygems-bundler (1.1.0)
rvm (

Here is a "find" for isolate running against my .rvm directory:

mike at sm-mike-thinkpad:~/workspace/rubinius_testing/unicorn-4.4.0$ find /home/mike/.rvm/ -name isolate-3.2.2
/home/mike/.rvm/gems/rbx-2.0.testing at global/doc/isolate-3.2.2
/home/mike/.rvm/gems/rbx-2.0.testing at global/gems/isolate-3.2.2
/home/mike/.rvm/gems/rbx-2.0.testing at rubinius_testing/doc/isolate-3.2.2
/home/mike/.rvm/gems/rbx-2.0.testing at rubinius_testing/gems/isolate-3.2.2

and lastly, here is the setting I have for the "RUBYLIB" variable in my local.mk:

(FYI: this is injected on line 8 of your sample local.mk that ships with the project)

If I run irb, I cannot require 'isolate' without requiring 'rubygems' even with it in all these places. I assume there is some kind of path / inclusion issue I am facing here and I don't quite know how to go about getting around it. Perhaps I have RUBYLIB set wrong, or I need to try to approach this completely differently and not from rvm at all.

Thank you so much for all your efforts in trying to help me get going on this, they are very appreciated.

Also please let me know if there is a log output, setting/configuration file or something else that having access to/knowledge of would help.

Thanks again,

-Mike Thompson