[raindrops] testers on 32-bit FreeBSD wanted

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Sat May 12 06:05:46 UTC 2012

Eric Wong <normalperson at yhbt.net> wrote:
> Since unicorn users are raindrops users, I'd appreciate it if
> 32-bit FreeBSD users can give this a try.  Thanks!

I've tested on a i386 FreeBSD 9.0 install I made and seems fine.
Not sure about FreeBSD 7.0, though, but that's pretty ancient...

Anyways, raindrops 0.8.1 is out.

Changes:

This release fixes a build problem found under a current SmartOS.  This
release also runs successfully on FreeBSD 9.0 under both x86-64 and
i386.

There are also documentation updates from Aman Gupta and a test suite
fix from Jeremy Evans for OpenBSD.

raindrops fully supports unicorn on recent versions of FreeBSD, OpenBSD,
SmartOS, and possibly other Free Software systems.  Portability reports
and fixes for Free Software systems is greatly appreciated at
raindrops at librelist.org

Non-Free systems will never be supported.

raindrops requires the Linux 2.6.18 or later for full functionality
(which unicorn does not require).  Future releases will take advantage
of the unix_diag functionality found in the Linux 3.3 (and later)
kernels.

* http://raindrops.bogomips.org/
* raindrops at librelist.org
* git://bogomips.org/raindrops.git