Unicorn doesn't play nice with Capistrano deployment?

Rob Sutherland rob at roberocity.com
Wed May 9 19:47:47 UTC 2012

I'm going to a bit off your topic but for good reason. I was finally
annoyed by capistrano for other reasons and went with a simple git
based deployment.

I setup my remote repo to post to a url in the app when a commit
happens. The action of that URL is summed up in this gist:
https://gist.github.com/2648267

I also use this because I can make changes on github directly or on
the server and commit the changes to cause the same code refresh and
worker restart. It's also nice that the app on the server is an actual
git repo.

I don't have experience with the capistrano-unicorn gem; that gem may
be more of what you're looking for.

--

Rob Sutherland
256.473.3148