Jamie Wilkinson jamie at jamiedubs.com
Mon Jun 11 23:49:46 UTC 2012

Ran into a gem today that swaps unicorn's signal handling to align with Heroku's restart process, which uses TERM to indicate start-graceful-shutdown rather than QUIT[1]

I don't have a Heroku app doing enough traffic to know if this helps with dropped connections or other issues during deployment, but I'm curious if anyone on-list has tried it out and seen benefits.

Heroku still sends a KILL after 10s so we still can't do proper USR2 rolling restarts, but this seems like a small step in the right direction.

[1] https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/ps#graceful_shutdown_with_sigterm