Triggering OobGC when heap is nearly full

Clifton King cliftonk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 16:28:00 UTC 2012

Tony <bascule at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like OobGC configuration is all predicated around a number of
> requests to process before OobGCing. However, REE exposes heap/GC
> stats that could be used to make that decision intelligently at
> runtime.

We're having the exact same issues here. Also, I find using God to kill
workers over memory limits as relatively awkward. It would be great if
we could have a proc run after each request.

It would be nice if we could check memory usage and then either run the
GC or signal QUIT if too much memory has leaked (usually happens after
around 10 minutes for us).

Clifton