[ANN] alicorn 0.3.1

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Tue Jul 10 20:23:31 UTC 2012

Ben Somers <somers.ben at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wrote to this list waaaay back in January discussing auto-scaling
> for Unicorn, in situations where dedicated servers aren't practical.
> I've now written a separate autoscaler, under the name of alicorn
> (https://github.com/bensomers/alicorn). My current team's been running
> it in production for several weeks now with pretty good results,
> including correctly identifying and responding to a major load spike
> (and correctly spinning back down afterwards). I would love comments,
> suggestions, (constructive) criticism, etc. Hopefully there are some
> other folks out there who will find it useful.

Cool.

Feel free to use this mailing list for discussion if you want.  Some
folks (a minority, I know) just aren't comfortable with /using/
websites.  (Reading is fine, logins/cookies/JS is not)

I also don't like the wording "Eric Wong's Unicorn" since many people
have contributed to this project (and Mongrel).  I've never had much of
an identity online and I'm trying to minimize that as much as
possible[1]

> Slightly related blog post at
> http://somanyrobots.com/2012/07/11/switching-to-unicorn, but most info

That's 404-ing on me

[1] The only reason I ever use my name in public is for GPL enforcement
    (and as a deterrent to would-be GPL violators).  Thankfully
    it hasn't come up in a few years (and never for this project).