[ANN] alicorn 0.3.1

Ben Somers somers.ben at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 19:29:51 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I wrote to this list waaaay back in January discussing auto-scaling
for Unicorn, in situations where dedicated servers aren't practical.
I've now written a separate autoscaler, under the name of alicorn
(https://github.com/bensomers/alicorn). My current team's been running
it in production for several weeks now with pretty good results,
including correctly identifying and responding to a major load spike
(and correctly spinning back down afterwards). I would love comments,
suggestions, (constructive) criticism, etc. Hopefully there are some
other folks out there who will find it useful.

Slightly related blog post at
http://somanyrobots.com/2012/07/11/switching-to-unicorn, but most info
is just in the github repository itself.