Default Socket Location

Steven Garcia stevendgarcia at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 10:35:21 EST 2012

I am collaborating on a Rails app with a very minimal unicorn config
(the socket dir is not specified)

I have booted up the app and created the necessary nginx server config
for it, but it does not seem to be finding the socket file (502 error)

Was just wondering where this file would be by default. Looking at
unicorn's documentation I had expected it to be living in the /tmp
directory, but no such luck.

For good measure I also checked my app's tmp/sockets folder but no dice either

Since this app is a joint effort, specifying the socket location in
the config is not an option

Any idea?