app error: Socket is not connected (Errno::ENOTCONN)

Matt Smith matt at nearapogee.com
Fri Apr 27 19:33:47 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Eric Wong <normalperson at yhbt.net> wrote:
> Are the rest of you guys getting these errors intermittently, or only
> once in a while.
>
> Rainbows! has long had a similar patch as below, but I'm a bit concerned
> as to why Joel is getting this multiple times per request...

I usually get several every request as well (in dev). It can be one or
a handful at a time. They seem to be somewhat random as to when they
are thrown.

Thanks for the patch (and the fantastic support, Eric!). If I can help
narrow down the problem please let me know!

It seems the issue is when unicorn is serving static files, at least
for me. In production, Nginx serves my static files so I doubt there
will be any issue. I do have 4.3.0 deployed on Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS and
I just checked the logs and I see no errors when I make the same
request.