Request-URI Too Long from mongrel-unicorn

Nuo Yan yan.nuo at
Wed Apr 11 21:44:09 UTC 2012

Hi Eric,

On Apr 11, 2012, at 1:30 PM, Eric Wong wrote:
> I will consider upping REQUEST_PATH to 4096 (and REQUEST_URI to 15K)
> since 4096 is a common filesystem PATH_MAX on modern systems.
> Would anybody object to this?  Given we already allow huge headers and
> Ruby uses quite a bit of memory, I don't think a potential extra 3K
> will negatively impact anybody.

Lately I figured REQUEST_PATH should probably be the reason as well. It would be great if you bump that up to 4096 - so that we could continue to use released versions instead of having to patch on our own.

4k makes sense to me. When do you think you can cut a gem on this?

Also, what do you think about making these values configurable in the conf file? I understand these were hard coded by design to protect the server. However, I think it would be nice if it defaults to these small values and can be configured flexibly.

Thanks a lot,