Request-URI Too Long from mongrel-unicorn

Nuo Yan yan.nuo at
Wed Apr 11 08:07:59 UTC 2012

In my understanding, the mongrel request uri limit is 12k.

My request uri is certainly not that long (about 1445 bytes), but for some reason I'm getting  414 Request-URI Too Long from the server.

In my experiment, if I shrink the request URI to 1016 bytes, it works.

Getting this error on all GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE requests.

There is no cookie being sent and the number of headers and their length are all very small.

Any idea why?