large uploads

John Joseph Bachir j at
Thu Sep 29 14:28:54 EDT 2011

My application accepts uploads from users, which can be quite huge in
some cases. This of course requires setting the unicorn timeout to
something much higher than 60 seconds, more like 10 minutes.

Are there any drawbacks to doing this, other than the obvious drawback
of not killing off long-running requests that are illegitimate?

I've googled quite a bit about this and have found surprisingly little
-- I guess people who have apps that receive uploads just generally
don't use unicorn?