Hoptoad setup.

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Fri Oct 14 04:45:04 EDT 2011

Marcin Stecki <madsheeppl at gmail.com> wrote:
> In my ror 3.0.10 app Unicorn somehow causes my application to show
> errors on staging like it was development environment (with backtrace
> and everything) instead of sending them to hoptoad. This is strange -
> same app on mongrel shows custom 500 page and sends errors to hoptoad
> as expected.
>
> Rails configuration seems to be ok, works on mongrel and passenger.
> To lunch my app i'm using pretty basic command:
>

> "bundle exec unicorn_rails -c config/unicorn.rb -D -E staging"

I haven't looked at hoptoad before, but does setting RACK_ENV=none
help?

  RACK_ENV=none bundle exec unicorn_rails -c config/unicorn.rb -D -E staging

Or even swapping "unicorn_rails" for plain "unicorn":

  RACK_ENV=none RAILS_ENV=staging bundle exec unicorn -c config/unicorn.rb -D

"unicorn_rails" was mainly designed for Rails 2.2 and earlier,
Rack-capable versions of Rails are probably better served by just
"unicorn"

Maybe others on this list have more experience with this particular
combination, not much of a Rails user myself...