How to automate the restarting of Unicorn?

Alex Sharp ajsharp at
Sun Oct 9 19:31:42 EDT 2011

On Friday, October 7, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Pai-Hung Chen wrote:
> My question is: By the time the "before_exec" hook is executed, is it
> guaranteed that ahas lready created (otherwise we
> have a racing condition here)? Or is there a better way to achieve
> what I want?
I'm not 100% positive, but about 98% -- yes, you can count on the fact that the *.oldbin file will exist on disk before the before_exec block is executed. Eric can confirm this, but I've never had a problem with it...
> Please Cc me as I am not on the mailing list.
> Please also let me know if there is a better place to ask this question.
You're in the right place -- this is a pretty active mailing list :)

Alex Sharp