Should USR2 always work?

Lawrence Pit lawrence.pit at
Mon Nov 21 20:55:29 EST 2011

> Anything from stderr log files?  USR2 will fail if there's

> ruby: no such file to load -- bundler/setup (LoadError)

> * unicorn/unicorn_rails executable script is missing
>  (maybe Bundler is moving it?)

Bundler has been updated several times this year, I guess every time that happens and a new version gets installed a complete restart of unicorn is required? Am I the only one seeing this?

Perhaps I'm managing bundler wrong? Bundler and rake are the only two gems I install in the global gem space. With an update of bundler I do "gem uninstall bundler ; gem bundler install". Should I manage this differently?