[ANN] raindrops updates (mainly for Linux users)

Troex Nevelin list at mrtech.ru
Wed Mar 23 14:12:13 EDT 2011

On 03/18/2011 09:09 PM, Eric Wong wrote:
> I figured I should cross post here.  raindrops (listen queue stats
> package for Unicorn/Rainbows!) has gotten some largish updates over the
> past few weeks:
> raindrops 0.5.0 release announcement:
>    http://mid.gmane.org/20110317033547.GA30653@dcvr.yhbt.net
> demo site changes (will probably be in 0.6.0 soon):
>    http://mid.gmane.org/20110318094637.GA3526@dcvr.yhbt.net
> Feedback would be greatly appreciated (either here or
> raindrops at librelist.com).  There are no backwards-incompatible changes
> for existing users as far as I'm aware of.

This update is really great! Now we can see 'Mean' users awaiting for
their requests to be served - this information is very useful, because
we now can calculate avarage wait time for each request.

For example we know that an average request time is 0.15 sec, than if
our mean queue is 32 requests, each request will be served in
(32+1)*0.15=4.95 seconds. This information is very useful and even
NewRelics cannot provide it.

I'm going to build graphs for this data. You can see live stats for 700k
request per day project running on 2x Xeon E5410 2.33 Ghz (4 cores each):